About Joint Entrance Examination (JEE)
What is the Joint Entrance Examination/JEE?
Joint Entrance Examination or JEE is a national level (All-India) Engineering Entrance Examination. It qualifies candidates for IIIT, NIT, IIT, and Government aided engineering colleges across the country. Two different examinations make up the test-
IIT JEE History
The test was perceived and conducted in the year 1960 for the first time. It was named Common Entrance Exam (CEE), yet, later it was re-named as JEE (Joint Entrance Exam).
There was a proposal to replace the Joint Entrance Exam in 2010, which many participating IITs turned down. Later, the Joint Admission Board (JAB) adopted a new admission policy in meeting at IIT Delhi.
New Admission Norms for IITs
From 2013, the admission to the IITs take place in a two-step test- JEE Main and JEE Advanced. Candidates are given weight-age in 60-40 ratio. Admission in IITs, NITs, and CFTIs for B.E. / B.Tech / B.Arch / B.Planning. Courses will be based on All India Rank subject to the conditions as prescribed by the CSAB.
What are the JEE Exam Dates?
According to the latest information, JEE Exam will be conducted in two parts:
- JEE Mains: 4th week of Jan (Session 1) and 4th week of April 2024 (Session 2)
- JEE Advanced: 1st week of june 2023
- A candidate can appear twice for JEE Mains and at the most can take 3 attempts in each.
- From 2019 onward, there will be a total of six attempts.
What is National Testing Agency?
The GOI's Ministry of Human Resource Development announced the establishment of the National Testing Agency (NTA) in 2018. NTA is a premier testing organization that is independent, autonomous, and self-sustained. The organization seeks to conduct a transparent, effective, and efficient exam. NTA is also responsible for creating international standard tests to check the ability of the applicants.
Since 2019, it is the responsibility of the Department of Higher Education, MHRD, and the Government of India (GOI), to conduct JEE (Main) with NTA.
Test Practice Centres by NTA
NTA has set up a network of test centers across India. The aspiring students can practice the “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode of examinations. The experienced, qualified and professional Nodal officers with other staff available at the centers will help and motivate the students to clear their doubts. They also solve problems so that they are familiar with the CBT model of examinations.
Find JEE Main February, March, April, May Paper Set 2023 and also from 2010 to 2023 Previous Year Papers
The procedure adopted by NTA for the compilation of scores for multi-session papers
(Normalization procedure based on PERCENTILE SCORE)
NTA will be conducting JEE Main examination in two sessions per day on many dates.
- Every candidate will get a different set of question papers in every session. The difficulty level of these question papers might not be the same despite all the attempts to maintain equivalency.
- Some of the candidates may end up attempting a tougher set of questions when compared to other sets of questions.
- The candidate who has attempted the tougher examination is likely to get less/lower marks than those who have attempted the easier one.
"Normalization procedure based on Percentile Score" is adapted to overcome a situation like the one mentioned above. It will thus ensure that candidates are neither benefited nor disadvantaged. The difficulty level of the examination or question papers identifies the candidate's true merit.
Check JEE 2023 Result here.
List of IIT Colleges in India
There are 24 IITs that admit JEE students for different undergraduate courses.
Code of Conduct for Candidates
- In the examination hall, applicants should remain silent and attend their individual questions.
- Any discussion in the examination room/hall or disturbance or gesture is considered bad conduct.
- If a candidate uses unfair practice or impersonate, his/her candidature will be canceled immediately. And he/she is debarred for permanent or for a specified period from taking examination depending on the nature of the offense.
- No textual content or log tables may be carried by candidates. Also forbidden are slide rules and electronic watches equipped with computer equipment, paper pieces, mobile devices, pager or any other appliance. Only the Admit Card & Geometry Box for the paper-2 can be taken in the examination hall.
- The candidature of a candidate cancels for the current examination if he violates any of the above conditions. Also, he/she will deflect for future examination(s) along with the seizure of the equipment.
NTA's decision on unfair methods will be binding and there will be no correspondence.
Important Resources for IIT JEE exam preparation at Etoosindia -
JEE Study Material
Etoosindia is providing the best JEE Mains and Advanced study material. It includes topic wise important notes, Key points to remember, and the different type of exercises.
The syllabus keeps on changing. Etoosindia informs students about the latest trends as per the updates released by NTA.
JEE sample test papers
The team of subject matter experts has compiled brilliant question and answers in sample papers which may be a great help in understanding concepts and examination pattern.
JEE Previous Year Papers
Solving JEE Main & Advanced previous year papers give good practice. The site has a collection of last 10 year JEE papers with solutions of all the subjects. The questions included not only gives an idea about the exam pattern, level of intricacy, the real feel of the exam, analysis of your performance but also enables time management.
Exact Hit Questions
Exact Hit Questions from Etoosindia that appeared in previous JEE exams. Check the Exact Hit Questions over the past five years here.
JEE Exam Analysis video
This is a unique feature that Etoosindia registered user gets. The video compares current and previous year’s exams. The comparison keeps you informed about the changing pattern and helps students to devise a strategy for JEE exam preparation.
Etoosindia Doubt Clinic for doubt clearing
Doubt clearing with the expert faculties is a unique concept of Etoosindia that is the way to engross students. The experts share tip and tricks to fight the competition.
DPP (Daily Practice Problem)
JEE is one of the toughest competitions to fight for. Daily Practice Problems (DPP) for JEE Main & Advanced/ NEET/ CBSE 11th/12th includes practice questions set by Kota ’s top faculties.
A researched test series is an important tool to exercise the entire syllabus and complex concepts.
Etoos Mobile App
Etoosindia Mobile App gives convenience to access study material and take tests anytime, anywhere. It is also a way to get notification of important updates.
After the above information, you might be aware of the JEE exam and resources available at Etoosindia. So, what are you waiting for? It's the right time to get proactive, act now and explore them ahead of the Joint Entrance Exam for 2024.