JEE Advanced 2023 Exam date declared by IIT Bombay. The exam will be conducted on 4th June 2023.
JEE advanced 2023 Exam date is declared by the Education Minister. It is expected that once all the sessions of JEE mains are conducted the JEE Advanced will be conducted in the first week of June.
What is JEE Advanced?
JEE- Advanced is the Joint Entrance Exam held in India for admissions in engineering colleges. JEE- Advanced is the second phase of JEE- Mains. Its score is valid for admission to IITs and other esteemed engineering institutes. There are 10,988 seats to compete for.
It was earlier known as the Indian Institute of Technology-Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE).
Who regulates JEE-Advanced?
The JEE-Advanced is coordinated by the seven IITs on a rotational basis, as per the parameters set by the Joint Admission Board (JAB).
Which are the 7Zonal IITs?
Which colleges consider admission through the JEE-Advanced examination?
- 1. All the renowned and prestigious Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)
- 2. Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology
- 3. Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISERs)
- 4. The Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (IISC)
How is the JEE-Advanced paper conducted?
The examination is organized on a round-robin rotation pattern each year by one of the IITs.
History: An Overview
The IIT-JEE test was renamed to JEE Advanced in 2013. From 2017, IIT began conducting JEE for the admission of foreign residents on an international level.
JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria 2023
- Candidates should rank in the top 2, 45,000 (including all categories) in JEE Main examination. The total number of candidates can be greater in the case of "tied" ranks/scores.
- Candidates should have qualified the Class XII Board Examination not more than a year before the JEE (Advanced) examination.
- Age limit: There is a certain age limit to take the exam. For the General category, candidates should be less than 25 years of age. For SC/ST, &PWD candidates, the age limit is 30 years.
- Number of attempts: A maximum of two attempts are permitted in 2 consecutive years in the examination.
- Candidates should not have accepted admission in any of the Indian Institute of Technology earlier.
Read More: How to Start JEE Advanced Exam Preparation
JEE Advanced 2023 Examination Important Date
JEE Advanced 2023 Exam will be conducted on 03rd July 2023. You can check all the other important dates below.
|JEE Advanced 2023||Important Dates|
|JEE Advanced 2023 Registration Start||April 30, 2023 (Sunday, 10:00 IST) to May 07, 2023 (Revised)|
|JEE Advanced 2023 Registration End along with fee payment||May 8, 2023 (Friday) (Revised)|
|Admit card download||May 29, 2023 (Monday) to June 04, 2023 (Sunday)|
|JEE Advanced 2023 Exam Date||June 4, 2023|
|Copy of candidate response to be sent to the candidates||June 09, 2023 (Friday)|
|Provisional Answer Key Release date||June 11, 2023 (Sunday)|
|JEE Advanced 2023 Result||June 24, 2023 (Sunday)|
JEE Advanced Registration Process 2023
Register online on the portal https://jeeadv.ac.in/. A candidate will be able to fill the application form in three basic steps.
How to fill the application form for the JEE-Advanced examination?
1. Login and provide the basic details & choices of the cities for examination.
2. Upload the scanned copies of all requisite documents.
3. Pay the required registration fee. This fee is neither refundable nor transferable.
JEE Advanced Application Fees 2023
The fee structure according to the latest official information released by NTA is-
|For Indians:||For International:|
|Female/SC/ST/PWD candidates- 1400/-
|Candidates from the SAARC Countries- USD 75
Candidates from the non-SAARC Countries- USD 150
Get JEE Advanced Admit Card Online
Candidates who have registered for JEE- Advanced can download the admit card from the officila website. The admit card will have the following details of the candidate:
- Roll number
- Digital signature
- Date of birth
- Address for correspondence, and
The admit card has the name and address of the examination centre allotted to the candidate.
JEE Advanced Exam Pattern 2023
How many papers constitute the JEE-Advanced test?
JEE Advanced is the toughest exam to crack. The students appearing for it should know the exam pattern. The test comprises of two papers, each lasting three hours. Both the papers are compulsory
- Morning shift - Paper 1, and
- Afternoon shift- Paper 2
What is the mode of examination?
JEE-Advanced is an online computer-based examination.
What is the type of questions asked in the paper?
The questions papers consist of 54 objective questions (Single Choice, Multiple Choice, Integer Type, Paragraph Type & Column Match Type Questions).These are intended specifically to evaluate candidates ' understanding, reasoning and analysis skills.
What are the language options?
The test is available in Hindi and English. The candidates can choose their preferred language anytime during the exam. There are three different parts of each question paper: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Steps to attempt JEE Advanced Test
- 'Sign In' with the roll no. and password
- You will be directed to the instructions page which is available in English and Hindi both. Then click on the "next" button.
- Accept the instructions and begin.
- Candidates are given 180 minutes to answer the questions.
- There is a timer on the right-hand corner to show the time remaining to complete the exam.
- "Marked for review" will indicate that the candidates can go back to the questions and review them.
- Click on the question number on the question palette on the right of the screen.
- After selecting your answer, or the one marked for review to click on "save and next" button.
- Candidates will have and then move forward to answer the next question.
- Repeat the with other questions.
- Candidates can navigate various sections from the top bar. Attempt the questions from section Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Submit the answers as you are finished reviewing them.
JEE Advanced Marking Scheme 2023
There is a negative marking system. Details of the marking scheme will be provided at the time of examination. Students can read it under the 'Instructions to Candidates' section.
- For every correct answer (all the correct answers should be marked): +4
- But, if the partial answer is correct (like if only 3 correct answers are marked and all the 4 four answers are correct):+3
- But, if the partial answer is correct (like if only 2 correct answers are marked and the three or more answers are correct): +2
- But, if the partial answer is correct (like if only 1 correct answer is marked and 2 or more answers are correct): +1
- For every incorrect option: -2
- No marks for the unattended questions.
Important JEE Advanced Exam Syllabus
The preparation starts with the correct knowledge of the JEE Advanced Syllabus. A student must be well familiar with the changes in the syllabus of JEE Main and JEE Advanced. The syllabus is vast which is set by IITs and students need to master each topic in detail.
Generally, the syllabus doesn’t change every year, yet, have a look at the current syllabus. Make a list of important topics from Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics subjects. Questions will cover from these topics only. Read complete Syllabus for JEE Advanced 2023.
JEE Advanced Preparation with Previous Year Papers
Solving practice tests and checking previous year question papers is a must to complete preparation. JEE Advanced Previous year papers available here are a great benefit to students in setting their strategy, preparation and boosting confidence.
Check the JEE Advanced Previous 10 Year Papers for the year 2022, 2021, 2020,2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2010 previous year papers
Recommended books for JEE (Main & Advanced)
The right selection of books can work wonders for candidates aspiring for JEE exams. ‘Which book to study from?’ is the first question that might boggle every JEE aspirant’s mind. Every student should bear in his mind to start JEE preparation with NCERT books. And then, move on to JEE Reference books.
Notably, each chapter of NCERT should be covered in detail. Practice the questions from reference books to get an idea of a varied version of questions.
The student needs to refer books for JEE (Main & Advanced) Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics by Etoosindia.
JEE Advanced 2023 Results
The results of JEE Advanced are released in 1st week of June. Etoosindia students have proving their mettle over the years and the number is growing every year. The success story of them is motivating us to do better.
Check Etoosindia results over the years
Other Useful Resources: